1. “Consolidate” is the English word for LCL,which is referred to as “consol” in international trade and transportation,generally called LCL in the industry.LCL is short for less container than loading.
2. LCL cargo generally cannot accept the designation of a specific shipping company.The shipping company only accepts FCL(full container loading) cargo bookings, and does not directly accept LCL cargo bookings, only through freight forwarders (some powerful shipping companies pass their logistics) can book the space with the shipping company after the consolidation of the LCL cargo.Almost all LCL cargoes are transported through the “centralized handling and centralized distribution” of the freight forwarding company.Generally speaking,freight forwarders can only book space from a few shipping companies due to the limitation of cargo sources,and rarely meet the needs of designated shipping companies.Therefore,when transacting LCL cargo,try not to accept designated shipping companies to avoid consignment Can not meet the requirements.
3. When negotiating a deal with the customer,pay special attention to the relevant transportation terms,so as not to discover that the transportation terms cannot be met after the other party’s letter of credit is issued.In our daily operations,we often encounter L/C regulations stipulating that LCL cargo transportation does not accept freight forwarders’ bills of lading.Because shipping companies do not directly accept LCL cargo bookings,shipping companies’ ocean bills of lading are issued to freight forwarders,and freight forwarders re- Issue HOUSE B/L to the shipper.If L/C stipulates that freight forwarder B/L is not accepted,then there will be no choice when handling actual transportation,which will cause L/C inconsistency.HOUSE B/L is a bill of lading issued by freight forwarder.The MASTER B/L is issued by the shipowner.This bill of lading is not good.
4. The billing tons of LCL cargo shall be accurate.Before LCL delivery, the factory should be required to measure the weight and size of the goods as accurately as possible.When the goods are delivered to the warehouse designated by the freight forwarder,the warehouse will generally re-measure,and the re-measured size and weight will be charged.If the factory changes the packaging,the factory should be required to notify in time.Don’t wait for the goods to be delivered to the freight forwarder’s warehouse and feed back the information through the forwarder,as time is already very tight.If you change the customs declaration documents, it is easy to delay customs declaration or incur expedited customs declaration fees and port charges.
5. In some portsdue to insufficient supply of LCL goods and high cost, freight forwarding companies specializing in LCL adopt the lowest charging standard for goods with a small volume.For example,the minimum is 2 freight tons,that is,if it is less than 2 freight tons,all charges are based on 2 freight tons.Therefore,when the cargo volume is small,some of these factors should be taken into account when the cargo is transacted in the port to avoid passiveness in the future.
6. For some routes and ports that are relatively remote,and customers propose to deliver LCL goods to inland points,it is best to consult before signing the transaction and confirm that there are shipping companies and freight forwarding companies that can handle these remote ports and inland points.Sign the contract after delivery and related expenses. (The inland points do not necessarily have to be inland cities or regions,but also on the seashore.However,not all coastal cities are major ports,Generally, due to port restrictions or contractual restrictions,those who transfer to inland are usually first transported to the basic port or nearby major ports,and then transferred to the final destination by rail or road.)