Many of us have opted for cosmetic dentistry Brisbane, but do we take proper care of our teeth afterwards? Getting cosmetic dentistry treatment done is not enough. In fact, that is just the beginning. If you do not take proper care of your teeth, the treatment done will fail to serve its purpose. Most of us suffer from stained teeth that have turned yellowish with the passage of time. As such we have opted for teeth whitening procedure. As a result now we have got sparkling, shiny teeth. We need to take proper care of it so that it retains its shine. Do you know what to do? Today we are going to discuss some easy tips that you need to follow so that your teeth remain white and shiny for a long time to come.
- One of the major reasons our teeth turn yellowish is because of what we eat and drink. Colas, coffee and tea tend to stain our teeth. As such you need to limit their intake so that the stain is kept under control. If you drink four to five cups of tea/coffee in a day, reduce it to one or maximum two.
- Stop smoking completely. Cigarette smoking is neither good for your health nor for your teeth. Cigarette tends to stain our teeth in the worst possible way. And it is difficult to get rid of these stains as well. You have to opt for teeth scaling which is not a very healthy treatment, as it tends to erode the tooth enamel. So throw the cigarette pack right away.
- Brush your teeth daily, in fact twice a day. This will help to remove the plaque and tartar from your teeth. Cavities will not get the opportunity to grow and the bacteria will be taken care off. So we suggest that you use an electronic toothbrush to make sure that all the corners of your mouth is cleaned in a proper fashion.
- Floss your teeth regularly, especially before going to sleep. This will ensure that no food particles remain stuck to your teeth.
- And finally always use a mouthwash to get rid of any possible odor. There are different varieties in the market. Ask your dentist if there is any specific one that you should use.
In addition to all these tips, make sure that you visit your dentist at least once every three months or as per the need. Most of us do not visit the dentist unless the pain is unbearable or we are facing some issue with our tooth. You should make it a point to visit the dentist more after you undergo the teeth whitening procedure. Ask hi what are the measures that you need to follow and which ones to avoid. Stick to his recommendations. All the above-mentioned tips are really very simple and easy to follow. If you implement them on a daily basis then there is nothing better than this. So what are you waiting for? Start today without any further delay.