Some people often unknowingly find that their teeth are getting longer and interdental gaps to appear between the teeth. Not only do the roots of the teeth begin to be exposed, but the teeth are even a little loose. In fact, this is a symptom of gum atrophy, which is a common symptom of periodontal disease.
What is gum recession?
The so-called gingival recession refers to the receding of the gums at the root of the tooth, exposing the root of the tooth. Once the gums recede, the consequences are not so simple.
First of all, this will affect the appearance of the patient, especially the young girls who love to laugh, can’t cover the root of the tooth when they laugh, how ugly! Secondly, it is also the most complained, the root of the tooth feels sensitive because of the loss of the protection of the gum. Unable to withstand external stimuli, causing one’s own uncomfortable discomfort, which may seriously affect the dental nerves and cause dental pulp disease; then, the gap between the teeth is exposed because there is no gum covering, and it becomes larger, which will cause food impact, causing the gums to bleed and inflammation. The root surface of the tooth forms caries.
What are the causes of receding gums?
- Physiological gingival recession
With the change of age, a small amount of receding gums may appear. This kind of situation is more common in the elderly, but the tooth sensitivity is mild.
Periodontitis is caused by long-term poor oral hygiene, which leads to the accumulation of tartar and plaque on the gingival margin and between the teeth. The continuous release of toxins stimulates the gums, causing a series of undesirable consequences such as gum swelling, bad breath, and loose teeth. After periodontal treatment, such as tooth washing and periodontal curettage, as the treatment eliminated periodontitis inflammation and local irritation, the original red, swollen, and inflamed gums gradually recovered, and the alveolar bone shrinkage caused by periodontitis and periodontitis The attachment between the gum and the teeth is lost, and the gums slowly shrink, exposing the roots of the teeth.
- Irregular dentition
If the teeth are misaligned, don’t underestimate the problem caused by the uneven teeth! There are so many alveolar bones. Once the teeth are crowded, the alveolar bone covering the surface of some teeth can be much thinner; in this case, once you can’t bite When or poor habits, it may cause the alveolar bone to be further absorbed, and the gums will naturally shrink. Sometimes the natural anatomical structure of some people’s teeth is not good, and the bifurcation is particularly large. The risk of alveolar bone resorption in this kind of teeth is also greater than that of ordinary teeth.
- Violence and wrong way of brushing your teeth
Wrong brushing method, improper force, will irritate the gums, the habit of brushing the teeth sideways is often more prone to gum recession because brushing at this time is not as good as “saw” off the alveolar bone and gums; incorrect use of toothpicks will irritate the local teeth Flesh and alveolar bone, forming gum recession.
- Poor oral restoration
If there are badly made dentures, such as the fixing device (snap ring) of movable dentures, which irritate the gums, inflammation will occur, which will cause gum atrophy.
Is gum recession really incurable?
Since it is difficult for the gums to return to their original state, we must focus on prevention and effectively prevent the further deterioration of gum recession through various preventive methods.
- Regular washing of teeth: A large part of the reason for the shrinkage of gums is that too many calculi stimulate the gums. Therefore, regular washing of teeth can maintain oral health.
- The correct way of brushing your teeth: Pap brushing method can be used.
- Oral diseases can not be dragged: If you have gingivitis, swollen gums, mouth ulcers, periodontitis, etc., go for treatment as soon as possible. If the gum recession is particularly severe, you can also go to the hospital for surgery.
Impression dental lab product for better treatment in clinic and lab reference:
- Disposable Fluoride Foam Dental Tray:https://www.dentallaboratorio.com/product/disposable-fluoride-foam-dental-tray/
- Edentulous Impression Tray:https://www.dentallaboratorio.com/product/edentulous-impression-tray/
- implant dental impression tray kit:https://www.dentallaboratorio.com/product/implant-dental-impression-tray/