If you felt some pain inside your teeth when you take hot or cold stuff, Then, unfortunately, you have tooth sensitivity problem. Tooth sensation can be painful.you may also find some relief through Home remedies.
In this blog article, we have discussed some home remedies that may give you some amount of relief from tooth sensitivity.
Symptoms of Sensitive Teeth
Below are some Symptoms of tooth Sensitivity
- Pain in the tooth when breathing in cold air or when you take Cold or Hot stuff.
- Swelling, redness or Blooding in gums
- Receding Gums
Home Remedies For Relief From Sensitive Teeth
As all Know that, Salt has anti-inflammatory properties. Salt reduces inflammation. Saltwater Rinses could help to reduce tooth pain. take half tablespoon of salt and add it into one glass of warm water. stir it well. and use this to rinse your mouth.
2.Coconut Oil Rinse
Coconut has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties which helps reduce the pain felt by the tooth. Swish coconut oil for 10 to 20 minutes then spit out and brush your teeth afterward.Do this daily, Especially in the Morning.
Garlic has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that treat toothache.crush the garlic clove and add a few drops of water and a salt pinch to it. Make a fine mixture and rub it on the tooth. Keep this for 15 minutes and then rinse your mouth with water.
Guava leaves contain flavonoids that have anti-inflammatory properties and relieve sensitive tooth pain. Take a few guava leaves and wash them properly. Chew them for about two to five minutes. spit it out and rinse your mouth with normal water.
Onions have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties may reduce the pain associated with tooth sensitivity. Chew a small piece of onion for 5 to 10 Minutes. You can place a piece of onion near the affected tooth or gums and leave it on for a few minutes.
Oregano oil has anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties. Thus it helps in reducing sensitivity in the teeth. Dab some oregano oil onto cotton and apply it to the affected area. Keep it for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse your mouth with warm water. You can add some drops of oregano oil into a cup of warm water. rinse your mouth with this water.
hydrogen peroxide has antiseptic qualities. A mixture of equal parts water with 3% hydrogen peroxide can be swished in the mouth for 15-30 seconds to reduce gum swelling, kill bacteria.
How Can You Prevent Teeth Sensitivity?
Prevention is always better than cure. Teeth sensitivity can be quite painful. Here are a few tips by which you can avoid tooth sensitivity.Use the Toothpaste which is made for sensitive teeth contains potassium nitrate.
- Use the Toothpaste which is made for sensitive teeth contains potassium nitrate.
- Always brush your teeth with soft bristles and brush gently for two minutes. However, Do not barush for a long time.it may harm your tooth gums.
- if you grind your teeth at night then put a mouth guard at night.stop yourself from grinding the tooth when you are angry.
- Always rinse your mouth with plain water after eating or drinking something.
- Having a dry mouth causes resulting in dental problems. Drink a lot of water. avoid the intake of coffee and tea.
- Avoid acidic food and caffeinated beverages which is responsible for tooth decay and other dental problems.
Foods that should be Avoid
- Acidic food
- smoking, Tobacco products
- Fizzy, black and carbonated drinks
- tea and coffee
- lollipops and lozenges
- Citrus fruits like, lemons, pineapple oranges, grape,
If you maintain proper oral hygiene, tooth sensitivity can be avoided. Follow a proper healthy diet. Brush your teeth regularly In times where the tooth pain becomes severe, it is best to see a dentist as soon as possible. visit the most trusted dental clinic for proper treatment on tooth sensitivity and tooth pain.